The Medela Lactina Select Hospital Grade Breast Pump is a double (or single) electric pump that is designed for long-term daily use. It is used by hospitals and is suitable for rental. It of course, comes with the quality one expects of a Medela pump and all parts that come into contact with your breast milk are BPA free.
Because the Lactina Select is designed for potential multiple users, either when rented or in the hospital, it has a number of vacuum and speed settings so that the individual user can make precise adjustments that guarantee the maximum in comfort and efficiency.
Medela Lactina Select Hospital Grade Breast Pump Design
The Lactina Select is built for daily use throughout the day. It is, as such, solidly built. The pump unit itself is blue and weighs in at 8.9 lbs (4 kg). It comes with its own carrying case. The motor is substantial, going from 100 to 240 mmHg. It should be noted that individual breast pump kits are sold separately.
The fully assembled pump is shown in the picture below.
The Medela Lactina Select has lots of really great features:
- Electric – for automatic ease and efficiency
- Substantial design suitable for hospital and/or rental use
- All parts that touch breast milk are BPA free
- Designed for daily use
- Automatic suck and release
- Built-in vacuum release to guard against prolonged/excessive sucking
- Variable speeds and vacuum settings, maximizes comfort and efficiency
- Double or single pump option
- Manual pump option – for when the lights go out
- Vehicle lighter power option (sold separately)
- Hands-free pumping option with Easy Expression (sold separately)
The Medela Lactina Select sells for just under $1,500. It has many nice features and excellent reviews.
The package includes:
- 1 x Breast Pump (individual kits not included)
- 1 x Carrying case
Ratings and Reviews
I find that Amazon reviews provide great insight into the quality of a product and so we have included the Rating and the number of reviews for you to see here.
The Medela Lactina Select: 4.8 out of 5 stars (20+ Reviews)
Videos of the Medela Lactina Select Hospital Grade Breast Pump
This short video reviews the features of the Medela Lactina Select:
And this video shows you how to use the pump
This pump is designed for frequent daily use and is often used in hospital and as a rental unit.
What I like:
- All parts that come into contact with breast milk are BPA free
- Medela has an excellent and deserved reputation for quality
- The unit has variable speed and vacuum controls. You get to choose the levels of each that maximize your personal efficiency versus comfort trade off
- The built-in vacuum release protects against prolonged and/or excessive sucking
This great, sturdy device gets excellent reviews from its users and while it is quite expensive, it is a top of the line product that will deliver results.