The Infant Optics DXR-5 2.4 GHz Digital Video Baby Monitor with Night Vision is designed with simplicity, portability and affordability in mind. It passes on many of the bells and whistles packed into other baby monitors, that you may or may not need, and gives you an excellent product at a great price.
While being simple, the DXR-5 is still packed with features to give you peace-of-mind. For example, it boasts an impressive 800’ range when in an unenclosed space. It is 150’ in an enclosed area. It also has infrared night vision with a range of 15’, voice-activation, signal-hopping to prevent hacking and a superior camera for an excellent image.
The Infant Optics DXR 5 Design
The DXR 5 comes with a two units, one for the camera and one for the video receiver.
The camera unit’s video camera records at an impressive 30 frames per second. This is higher than the industry standard. The camera comes with a base or it can be wall mounted. Screws are included.
The unit you watch, the receiver, boasts a 2.4” full color TFT ultra bright screen. For parents on the go, the receiver is designed to be portable. It is extremely light so you can take the monitor with you as you go from place to place.
The camera and monitor are shown below.
The Infant Optics DXR 5 has many great features.
- Large, 2.4” TFT Screen
- 800 Foot open area reception (150 feet enclosed area)
- Secure Data Encryption – This is important as you can see here.
- Video Feed (30 FPS)
- 2.4″ Full-color TFT Screen
- Automatic InfraRed night vision
- Easy to use portable monitoring
- Static noise eliminator
- Voice Activated Power Saver Mode
- Runs on A/C power or batteries
- 1 year warranty
- 7 day a week technical support
The DXR 5 normally sells for around $100. This is a great price for what you get.
Amazon Infant Optics DXR 5 Rating: 3.9 out of 5 stars (2600+ Reviews)
Videos of the Infant Optics DXR 5 Baby Monitor
The following video gives a brief review of the DXR 5’s features,
This video is longer and says that this monitor is the best you can get for the price,
The DXR 5 is a great buy for the price. It gives you exactly what you need and nothing that you don’t. Which is why they are able to keep the price as low as they have.
What I like:
- The monitor is lightweight and portable. It can go where you go without hassle.
- The price is excellent for the quality
- The signal hopping virtual data encryption gives you peace of mind
- In fact, the quality of the entire unit gives you peace of mind.
This is a great baby monitor, especially given the price. If you are on a budget and you need a baby monitor that gets the job done, then the bottom line is that the DXR 5 gets the job done.
If you have a bigger budget, then you may like some of the other baby monitor reviews I have done.