The Infant Optics DXR-8 Pan/Tilt/Zoom 3.5″ Video Baby Monitor boosts a unique interchangeable lens system. You can have a normal lens, a zoom lens to get close-up on your child or a wide-angle lens (sold separately) to give you a view of the whole nursery.
In addition to the interchangeable lens, the DXR-8 gives you a lot of other features. For example, not only can you pan and tilt this monitor, but you can do it remotely. You also get infrared night vision, two-way communication, a 3.5” LCD color monitor and a sound activated LED display.
The Infant Optics DXR-8 Design
The DXR-8, like most of the best baby monitors, comes with a two units, one for the video receiver and one for the camera.
With is sturdy base and locking arm you can position the camera at just the right angle to watch over your child. The interchangeable lens system means that the camera can be at any distance from your baby and that you can see as much, or as little, of the nursery as you choose.
The receiver unit has a large, 3.5” color LCD screen, an adjustable antenna and a vertical control panel on its right side. The color scheme of both units are very mute greys and white so they will fit into almost any room.
The camera and monitor are shown below.
Infant Optics DXR-8 Top Features
The Infant Optics DXR-8 has a lot of great features.
- Real time video stream to 3.5” color LCD monitor
- Two way communications with your baby
- Interchangeable lens system with normal and zoom lens included
- Wide angle lens with 170 degree panoramic view (sold separately)
- Remote control pan/tilt/zoom
- Nursery temperature monitor
- Dual USB chargers
- 2.4 GHz data encryption to make sure only you are communicating with your child
- Extended battery life, lasts for 10 hours in power saver mode
- Out of range, low battery indicator lights
- 700 foot unobstructed range
- 1 Year warranty
The DXR-8 normally sells for around $230. You are getting a lot for your money when you buy this monitor.
Amazon DXR-8 Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars (130+ Reviews)
Video of the Infant Optics DXR-8 Baby Monitor
The following video gives a brief review of the DXR-8 Baby Monitor.
Here is another one video review that I found.
Final Verdict on the Infant Optics DXR-8
The DXR-8 interchangeable lens system is really unique for a baby monitoring system. Being able to choose how close you want to zoom in on your child is great. Viewing a 170 degrees panorama of the whole nursery is good too. The DXR-8 has many other very useful functions too.
What I like:
- You have to love the interchangeable lens feature
- The remote pan/tilt/zoom
- The infrared and two way communications
- The security I get buying from a reputable company
- The dual USB chargers. I have not seen that with any other baby monitor
The DXR-8 gets top ratings from a number of different sources, those good reviews are well earned. This monitor gives you a host of different useful features. – some entirely unique when it comes to baby monitors. My opinion is that this device is a great buy and well worth the price.